While listening to episode #2 of Doing The Most Podcast, by Shannon Fairweather, at about 34 minutes in, she starts to talk about the book Greenlights by Matthew McConaughey. If something in your life doesn’t feel correct, to make a complete change. That means, wake up 4 hours earlier and start your day on a different note. If you can then move to a different place and experience life there, surround yourself with different people, or do different things. Changing habits seems daunting until you realize it can be fun and non stressful.
I firmly believe this to be true. When something is making you unhappy in your current state, the one person in control is you. You owe no one anything, but yourself everything. If something is upsetting your mental health and disrupting your peace then you need to make a change. Like I said before it can be the smallest of things, but as long as you are moving in the direction of forcing habits to flow differently, you are ultimately benefiting yourself.
Get comfortable with being alone. Enjoy your own presence. At the end of the day the only person who truly has your back 100% of the time is yourself. You know yourself better than anyone else. It’s time you look at yourself in the mirror and love what you see, physically and mentally. You spend your whole life with yourself so make sure you are doing everything possible to be the best version you can be 🙂
Below is a list of ways to change up your routine slowly 🙂 For those of us that hate change but also are not happy with current life…
- Wake up earlier and set a different morning routine
- Workout right when you get up, or some sort of activity
- Journal ways you would like to improve your life
- Journal your goals down, short term and long term
- Be a YES man, say yes to more activities and no I do not mean nightlife, I mean say YES to more workout classes, cooking classes, hikes, learn a new subject, meet new people
- Try a new coffee shop
- Drive a different way to work
- Re decorating your space
- Try something completely new to you
- Spend a whole day alone with yourself on an adventure, maybe go into the city, go to a restaurant alone, walk through a park, etc…